× Members

MY CURRENT PIP REVIEW

More
5 years 1 week ago #229418 by Eric Littman
MY CURRENT PIP REVIEW was created by Eric Littman
Many of you will already know but for those that don’t I just want to advise how unprofessional INDEPENDENT HEALTH SERVICES ARE (formerly ATOS)
My review papers were due before Christmas. I only received a letter on the 4th of April advising that they may be able to make a decision without seeing me pending further reports and should they want to see me they would write. You can imagine my shock when I just received a text telling me appointments had become available in my area. It took a few seconds to click who it was from. I phoned and was immediately coerced into accepting an appointment
But I pointed out that the letter I received told me they would write. The advisor backed down sort off trying to fluff things up. She said you don’t have to take one of these if you can’t. I asked for a home visit. This was met with How Do You Get To Your Medical Appointments. Other questions followed and I was told they were waiting for my GP to get back. I’m 64 years old and I’ve been through 3 intensive rounds of Chemotherapy followed by a stem cell transplant. Various infections including double pneumonia and the return of cancer in 2017. I just told this advisor that I’m sick and I’m sick of having to prove I’m sick. I have Bi Polar 2 and they have a detailed letter from Westminster Mental Health. Having long term mental health issues classifies you as disabled. Having cancer also classifies you as disabled. I’ve been through hell and the PIP gives me some dignity. It’s meant to give you personal independence but they don’t want you to be. It’s obvious that the text I received was generated automatically because they are in a mess with mounting piles of pending reviews. Watch out and don’t deal with Independent Health Services alone. Their job is to get you off PIP, KEEP THEIR CONTRACT AND BONUSES while providing the DWP with statistics that look good. I’m really struggling as I see my health decline and I know many of you are too. I’ve contacted my lawyers legal assistant telling her that I want to take formal action against Independent Health Services.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.