× Members

Securing PIP before 65

More
5 years 1 month ago #229560 by mosala
Securing PIP before 65 was created by mosala
I have lost PIP and need to appeal. I have been ill with OCD for 31 years and now they think I am better! I am 64. 65 end of July. I understand that one cannot get PIP after 64. I feel that they are deliberately trying to stop my PIP to avoid paying me into old age.
If I lose at Tribunal stage, it will be too late to re-apply because I will then be 65. (waiting time for Tribunal is 8 months). Is there anything I can do about this?
I think Attendance Allowance is less and I don't know the rules of that yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229588 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Securing PIP before 65
mosala

The rates of AA are the same as they are for PIP with the exception of there being no Mobility award. AA uses the same criteria as DLA.

Realistically there is little that you can do to prioritise any appeal that you may make, there are a limited number of arguments that you can make and you will almost certainly be one of many making them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
5 years 1 month ago #229593 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic Securing PIP before 65
masala

Yep, loads are saying this and I think you are completely right. Attendance Allowance is only the equivalent of Daily Living. Odd how many people approaching 60 or retirement are losing their PIP mobility. I have just dropped from enhanced to nothing after having mobility component for 20 years. There will have been a DWP ruling but how we find out is another matter. Would an FOI request help?

More
5 years 1 month ago #229601 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Securing PIP before 65
Hi Mosala,

Just to say, have you put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration?

If not if you put in a strong case you may well win the appeal. MR decisions take about two months, so if you win you will definitely hear the outcome well before July.

Just thought I'd let you know just in case you have not requested one yet.

Anyway, good luck.

Phrank.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229629 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Securing PIP before 65
ASBO, really?! Needs a letter to an MP then perhaps? This is a scandal. I am having trouble dealing with my MR let alone a FOI! Verging on a breakdown here. But sounds lke a plan. Have you appealed yours and still not got the mobility?

Thing is, AA has different rules I think, so I may not qualify for that. WHat a nightmare!

More
5 years 1 month ago #229630 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Securing PIP before 65
Phrank, I am just compiling it as we speak - all day, every day! I can't decide how detailed to make it as this stage. I didn't realise that MRs take so long to decide! CAB said MRs don't normal win.

I have gone from enhanced DL and low mobility to nothing and also lost severe disability allowance! I think mobility is strong, but Daily living is gonna be close.
Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.