× Members

Face to face assessment

More
5 years 1 month ago #229563 by Teresa
Face to face assessment was created by Teresa
I received the dreaded form how my disability affects me late Nov 2018. Had to return it before Dec 25th which I did by recorded delivery, didn’t hear anything from them till middle March they txed, me to say they had Received the form & be in touch regards face to face
Dwp sent me a letter & numerous txs to remind me that my assessment would take place at my home on the 24th @3pm, both my Carer, & my daughter was with me for most of the day, The assessor failed to arrive, there was no call, no tx,
my daughter rang the centres number to ask why no one showed up, they said I would have to wait a week for them to look into it before they could say what happened or arrange another appointment, she rang DWP & asked if I would be penalised because the face to face never took place & they also said that they didn’t know anything about the no show of assessor, but would make a note on my case file just in case my money did get stopped.
as you can imagine the whole situation has stressed Me out & made me ill, it’s left me with migraine & been in bed since Wednesday afternoon,
I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else & what the outcome was, & how long they had to wait for there face to face, thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229591 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face assessment
Teresa

Was this a Capita assessment? If it was then I advise you to chase what happened with them immediately, we have had multiple reports of Capita assessors failing to attend but reporting that they had.

If it was with ATOS then I would still check but perhaps with less urgency.

If nothing untoward has happened then you should receive another appointment at no fault to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teresa

More
5 years 1 month ago #229605 by Teresa
Replied by Teresa on topic Face to face assessment
Hi Gordon,
Yes the Assesment @3pm was meant to be with capita, I rang there office at 4pm when no one had shown up, to be told that now it had gone past the appointment time no one would be coming now, & to ring bk on Thursday to find out what the assessor had reported as to why no one had visited, they also asked me to give them a description of the outside of my home, garden, ramp etc, & colour of the door, I rang them Thursday lunch time & was told that the report still hadn’t gone in & it was being investigated as to why no one had shown up, & it would take 7 days for the report to come bk I also rang up PIP DWP & told them that I was meant to have a face to face but no one showed up, there was four other people in the house at the time someone would of heard the door had someone knocked or rung the doorbell, plus my bungalow is that small that Everyone can see the front door from the living room & the WiFi door bell box is above the door I also said it’s unfair if I get penalised because they failed to show up, they left a note on the system to say that I had notified them of no show & that they hadn’t Recieved any report either,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.