× Members

How much detail do I put in Mandatory Request?

More
5 years 1 month ago #229566 by mosala
Can I just say, "there are numerous inaccuracies on the Assessors Report" and "You have not applied Daily Living descriptors correctly. I feel I satisfy the following Daily Living sections - preparing food, dressing, etc." but not say why?
Or, do I list all the inaccuracies. Do I say which descriptor I feel I qualify for under each section, how many points I should score and why.
If I put such detail in it just feels like I am repeating what I have already submitted. Do I wait until the Appeal and let CAB decide how much detail to put then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229596 by Gordon
mosala

You can make a minimal MR but I would not expect it to help much with revising the Decision.

Whilst an inaccurate report is almost certain to have played a part you also need to consider whether you have properly explained your problems in your claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors, described your problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors or failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria or the need for your limitations to be present on the majority of days to be considered?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #229634 by mosala
I think I defo qualify. The assessor has lied and played down my situation, selecting only parts of what I said. So should I list all her inaccuracies in the MR?

When I read her report it it made me feel there is nothing wrong with me, but I have severe OCD which rules my life!

More
5 years 1 month ago #229649 by Gordon
mosala

DMs have a limited attention span so stick to issues that lead to points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
5 years 1 month ago #229671 by Ellen
Explain as much about your OCD as you can and why/how it limits you- even if it's embarrassing or feels daft- focus on that rather than pulling the assessor apart. Most DMs don't realise the impact of OCD.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229754 by mosala
Right. I am going to do it in two parts. Set out briefly each activity I don't agree with and what I think I should qualify for and why. Then complain about the assessor's inaccurate report separately. Then they will read the important part first.

I could see that the assessors did not have a clue about OCD.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.