× Members

Call from a officer

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229587 by Alybongo65
Call from a officer was created by Alybongo65
Hi I’m in need off advice on where to go to get some help with a phone call I had yesterday , I advertised on Facebook that I was looking for some cleaning work and I had a couple off people ask me ...but because off my mental health I didn’t do it in the end , I got a letter saying they where calling me at 9am ain’t 25th ...I was on phone for 75 mins ended in tears I’m on a very high antidepressant and anxiety tablet and I’ve got bipolar I was very distressed I was asked if I had a eBay account and was told I’m not allowed to sell things for profit...I’ve had account since 2017 and bought and sold 63 things in that time ...probably made £300 after fees and PayPal ,

My main thing is I’ve been asked to send bank statements , I do have money in there that I didn’t say about because I’m going through a court battle and have bills off over £17,000 upwards to possibly £50k ...this is not hidden it’s in my currant account and is not my money it’s to pay the Solisitor, but I’ve been told I’m being fined £50 plus have to payback any over payment because off this money ...I’m very deeply upset as I could have hidden it but I didn’t ...it was a endowment I had for 25 years that I was going to pay some off my mortgage off ...I’m driving a car that’s 15 years old ...I don’t go out no holidays just about getting by ...I can not spend this money as I know I have to pay this Solisitor bill ...I’m worried sick and hoping that I can get advice or possibly be guided to a place I could get help other than cab ...many thanks in advance. I hope I haven’t confused you . This has been very stressful and I am with a mental health group and doctor is aware that I’m venerable and I’m on my own and just need to get some closer...I’m sick with worry am I in big trouble ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229608 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Call from a officer
Alybongo

If you are receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR), Income Support or Universal Credit and have savings in excess of £6000 then your benefit will be reduced, if your savings are more than £16,000 then you lose entitlement to the benefit. I'm afraid it does not matter whether the money is intended to pay a future debt.

It is very difficult for me to offer advice without more information but even if you supply it I may still be able to provide any, you would be best advised to get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alybongo65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.