× Members

Cancelling WCA but excluding future dates

More
5 years 1 month ago #229589 by DWPEX
I am waiting for additional Medical Evidence to be considered but have just been sent a date for a WCA. I had previously emailed Maximus with a list of ‘excluded’ dates (quite a lengthy one) of dates that I can’t manage for one reason or another. Do I have to justify these? I am considering cancelling the date they have given me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229610 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cancelling WCA but excluding future dates
DWPEX

No, you don't need to justify them but if you make it impossible for Maximus to book an appointment then they may return your file to the DWP.

You say you are thinking of cancelling the current appointment, be aware that you can only do this once and must attend any new appointment wherever and whenever it is arranged for, subject to it conflicting with the list that you have supplied them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DWPEX

More
5 years 1 month ago #229615 by DWPEX
Replied by DWPEX on topic Cancelling WCA but excluding future dates
Excellent, thank you!
What exactly are the repercussions of Maximus returning my file to DWP?

More
5 years 1 month ago #229635 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cancelling WCA but excluding future dates

DWPEX wrote: What exactly are the repercussions of Maximus returning my file to DWP?

They could close the claim on the basis that you have failed to participate in the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.