× Members

PIP and ongoing awards

More
5 years 1 month ago #229616 by Pete266
PIP and ongoing awards was created by Pete266
Hi

My daughter won a Tribunal which took 2 years after going to the UT on several errors of law then remitted to the First Tier. Initially she was only awarded mobility but after the remitted hearing it was agreed she needed daily living also and it would be 'inappropriate to fix a term'.

The letter confirming this arrived today from DWP stating it is ongoing and monies are to be paid. However, what I don't understand is they say they will contact her after July 2027 to see if she is getting the right level of PIP.

My understanding was light touch reviews were a 10 year thing? If so, should these be from the date of the original claim (2017) or the final decision, 2019?

If you could clarify we would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229636 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and ongoing awards
Pete

A Tribunal panel remakes the Decision that was appealed and their Decision applies from the original date of that Decision so it is 2017.

Congratulations on winning the appeal.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete266

More
5 years 1 month ago #229657 by Pete266
Replied by Pete266 on topic PIP and ongoing awards
Thank you, Gordon. It has taken some considerable time. As the original 2017 judgment was set aside then we had the successful 2019 hearing we wanted to be clear as I could not find any guidance anywhere.

I guess DWP perceive it as it being a light touch review if they haven't reviewed her since 2017 and don't propose to until 2027. Fingers crossed!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.