× Members

Transfer from DLA to PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #229627 by karencharlton
Transfer from DLA to PIP was created by karencharlton
HI I have just received my letter to try and transfer from DLA to PIP.
My question is, when I ring what will they ask me ?
Do I need to have anything to hand ?
I am terrified, but in the same lot of post I received my application to apply for my new motability car which the contract ends on the 5th of Aug this year. I really don't know how I will stand with this, I have been on DLA many many years, since the 90's
My mind is so confused at the minute

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229646 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP
K

Our PIP Claim has a list of the questions you will be asked on the call.

If you are concerned about the new car, speak to Motability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: karencharlton

More
5 years 1 month ago #229653 by karencharlton
Replied by karencharlton on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP
Can I also ask do they ask if they can use my old info from my DLA claims ?
Do I say yes or no, as i still have those conditions but also new conditions and the criteria for DLA is different for Mobility so would that not harm my application for PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #229655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP
K

Yes, they should.

It's up to you whether to say yes or not, but as you have already identified the PIP assessment criteria is significantly different from the DLA one.

If you have had a recent DLA assessment or your conditions have not changed significantly since you were last assessed then you might want to consider using your DLA information.

If you have not been assessed for some time or your conditions have changed since you last were then you might want to concentrate on using new evidence.

Using your previous DLA evidence does not preclude you from supplying new evidence.

There is no guarantee that your DLA information will still be available.

Although you can ask as part of you making a claim, I would not expect the DWP to provide copies of the DLA evidence to you.

Our recommendation is to supply all of the evidence you want those assessing you to review with the PIP2. You can get copies of your previous DLA information, if you do not have copies yourself by making a Subject Access Request.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: karencharlton

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.