× Members

ESA reassment date 2030

More
5 years 1 month ago #229694 by Dart
ESA reassment date 2030 was created by Dart
dear Gordon,

I have made this a new topic as the title may mirror other people's experience. I have looked online about "Severe conditions" and have discovered this on a FOI topic.

d.pr/SU9N1l

It states the following:

"Not directly relevant here but further down it also has something to say about those with 'Severe Conditions'.
The date will be between a minimum of three months and a maximum of three years in the future, unless the claimant meets the Severe Conditions criteria. Where the DM decides the claimant has LCWRA and meets the Severe Conditions criteria the common prognosis fixed date of 01/05/2030 is input to prevent those claimants being reassessed."

I haven't received anything in the post (yet) saying I will not be ressessed. I only found out that my date is 2030 by telephoning.

Might this be a new procedure? Have others had this experience?Might this have happened but the claimant does'nt know because he hasn't telephoned to find out the "prognosis" of their award?

I did find one previous post on this forum about their assessment date being 2030

Dart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229723 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassment date 2030
Dart

We don't know how an exemption to further assessment is recorded on the claimant's computer record but if you do meet the criteria then the exemption will be listed on your Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #229741 by Dart
Replied by Dart on topic ESA reassment date 2030
dear gordon,

I was quoting from dwp guidelines which state that those deemed to have "Severe conditions" will be marked with an assessment date of 2030.
Perhaps some claimants also get written information about not being reassessed; you will have the forum experience to comment about how often you have heard about this.
As far as I am aware, from an internet search, there are no figures yet published about how many people have been deemed to have "Severe Conditions" at assessment. It is a bit of a mystery as far as I can see.
I believe that there may be a pool of claimants, who have recently been awarded the Support group, who HAVe been awarded this "special status" but don't know about it because they haven't telephoned to ask for the length of their award. If this date is 2030, it implies from the document I have quoted from that they will not be reassessed- 2030 seems to be an arbitrary date for computer entry. Perhaps claimants who haven't done so yet should telephone the dwp to ask what ressessment date is on their file.
I would be very interested to hear of the experiences of other claimants regarding this.

Dart

More
5 years 1 month ago #229759 by Gordon
Dart

As I said, being exempted from further assessment is stated in the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #229778 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic ESA reassment date 2030

Gordon wrote: Dart

As I said, being exempted from further assessment is stated in the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Except when it isn't Gordon! In my case when I got the ESA medical report the wording it used about having a "severe condition as defined" etc was exactly the same as that shown on DWP guidance online re severe conditions. My ESA decision letter does not state that I will not be reassessed for ESA however when I phoned the DWP and asked "When will I next be assessed" the official said "You won't be assessed again!" That was the answer I was expecting from the wording used in the medical assessment report and I was simply phoning to confirm. it. It is of course perfectly true that it was said that claimants would be told if they are no longer to be reassessed for ESA, however this - as we know of our dearly beloved "friends" at the DWP - does not mean that they will always do what they say they will! Of course in my case I was told that I wouldn't be reassessed - albeit only because I'd asked them - and it wasn't in writing.

Kind regards

Mr B

More
5 years 1 month ago #229804 by Gordon
Mr B

I probably should not be surprised that the ESA department cannot even follow there own guidance but this should be printed on the Decision Letters.

GOrdon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.