× Members

ESA reassment date 2030

More
5 years 1 month ago #229829 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic ESA reassment date 2030
Gordon

Yes it is poor. it happened about a year ago and through news articles etc on this site, and elsewhere, I fortunately knew there was a new policy of not routinely reassessing ESA claimants in the support group deemed to have a 'severe condition as defined' - as defined by the DWP itself of course and not necessarily what the claimant may regard as such! Fortunately in my case the nurse who carried out my ESA 'medical' was excellent and she made it quite clear in the assessment report that I met the DWP's criteria for having a severe condition. She explained during the medical itself that there had been various changes in regulations etc since I was last reassessed and I later realized that 'severe conditions' was one of them!

In light of what happened to me I remember wondering about a year ago whether this might also happen to some other ESA claimants, That is exactly what the OP yesterday is wondering of course, has the claimant actually been 'recategorized' as having a severe condition but not informed of it? It might therefore be well worth recently reassessed ESA claimants placed in the support group simply phoning the DWP to check when they are next due to be routinely reassessed especially if they feel they might have 'qualified' as having a severe condition.

Kind regards

Mr B
The following user(s) said Thank You: petrocelli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229974 by Dart
Replied by Dart on topic ESA reassment date 2030
dear Gordon,

Are there any published figures on the number of claimants affected by the "Severe Conditions" crieria since the process began?
it is evident from my, and mr B's experience that our cases were assigned to "Severe conditions" covertly, only discovered when we telephoned the dwp.If this procedure has been applied to other claimants, many people may have an assessment date 0f 2030/told they will not be reassessed if they telephone to ask theirprognosis after having a decision letter.

Their decision letter may not give this information.

Dart

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassment date 2030
Dart

I'm not aware of any statistics, I'm not keeping a count but we have had less than ten reported on the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.