× Members

esa3 IRBD

More
5 years 1 month ago #229756 by AJ27
esa3 IRBD was created by AJ27
Hi i recieved a letter today regarding between may 2012 to may 2013 when i changed from incapacity benefit to ESA contribution based and it says i may be entitled to income related ESA

My question is if i am entitled to income related esa during 2012 - 2013 how much extra would it have been per week roughly ?
At he time i was recieving DLA low rate care and low rate mobility , no one cared for me i lived alone, no saving etc or other income. I claimed incapacity benefit from late 2009 , before that i was working full time for around 2 years.

Also will they request a year worth of bank statements

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229769 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3 IRBD
AJ

If you were in the Support Group then around £16 a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #229771 by AJ27
Replied by AJ27 on topic esa3 IRBD
im not really sure what group i was in at the time as it was all new. I recieved £110.85 per week for incapacity benefit, the breakdown being £99 per week long term incapacity plus £11.70 invalidity allowance higher rate.
when they put me on esa i was on the exact same rate of £110.85.
Would this have been the support group rate do you think ?

More
5 years 1 month ago #229772 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3 IRBD
AJ

Yes, that would be the SG rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ27

More
5 years 1 month ago #229786 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic esa3 IRBD
I got a similar letter ESA form to fill in for 2011/2012! I thought it was a joke at first. I don't have bank statements going back that far. I rang them up and was told I only had to fill in the form if I wanted to- it wouldn't affect my current ESA award.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229920 by AJ27
Replied by AJ27 on topic esa3 IRBD
Hi Ellen
DId you send it back ? and if so were you successful ?, also did you need to send any bank statements as it doesnt ask me to send any but i was just wondering if they will request them as i dont have bank statements from that far back either, but just sent back the form anyways.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris