× Members

ESA no 3 WCA hopeful for a PIP decision?

More
5 years 1 week ago #229779 by raindaisy
ESA no 3 WCA hopeful for a PIP decision? was created by raindaisy
Hi

I had a PIP review in February , award lost , done MR , also MP letter, still waiting for a response . MP has responded and DWP sent email saying blah blah ..we will be "contacting provider". 2 days later of the email I got a wca appointment, this time for ESA . ( They sent me a ESA50 the same day as my PIP decison letter )
Anyways , i really was not too well , but I went on Thursday , on my own, no recording, timed my walk from the station to building, didnt have to wait too long, was in there 20 minutes , asked if i was up for an examination, politely declined , asked a chaperone can come in, declined, she said I wont it do today, I can see you are in pain....
She didnt ask me any question on the ESA form , but asked me about bathing and showering, bath aids etc...
I got a copy of the report today , if Im honest , its no way like all the previous ones, no cryptic sentences, silly comments on appearance, the tone was different , it mentions pain and fatique and refers to the medical evidence provided. refreshing change.
She does mention 3 4 times," difficulty bathing due to pain and fatigue, uses adapted wet room..small flight of stairs in house"
The report states : "The client was found to meet the criteria for Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity "
Am I correct , this means still on ESA and Support Group?
Im hoping this will help with PIP MR ? What do you think?
I have had an interesting letter response from the new disabled minster Justin Tomilinson I can send over for your information. tia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 6 days ago #229805 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA no 3 WCA hopeful for a PIP decision?
raindaisy

Limited Capability for Work Related Activity does mean that they are recommending the SG.

I'm surprised that you have the report, they are not supposed to release it until a Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 6 days ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 6 days ago #229960 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic ESA no 3 WCA hopeful for a PIP decision?
Hi
Yes you are right, i smelt a big fat rat too Gordon, and I was right .
I had the ESa f2f on 23 April at 09.18 am. Ended 09.38. Time Report completed 18.19.
The very next day I rang and asked for a copy the report , it was with me in days .
So....
Today , I rang PIP , about MR . Told decison letter in post. No award.
Letter came in post later. The decison letter is dated 24 April 2019.
Now , in this decison letter , it states " you did not take any pain relief before attending the assessment .."
I know for a fact.... I was NOT asked that question at the PIP f2f , and there is no mention of it in the decison or report....
BUT I was asked if I had taken pain killers at the ESA and I said said no , because its only 9am and I want to take them after the assessment so I know I will get home safely and then I can rest for the rest of the day...that is on the ESA report.
At the ESA f2f , as I was on my own , not recorded , I told the nurse I live with my husband , a 25 year post stroke survivor with life threatening heart disease, he doesnt need lifting etc..and I was working full time and gave up work because of my own physical health .
Interestingly , at the end of this PIP decision letter it states :

" The Gray Report concluded Health Professionals are trained to a sufficient standard to carry out the range of assessments , and that the monitoring process in place is sufficiently robust , to ensure high standards are maintained. I have considered what your needs are on the majority of days. I cannot consider awarding you PIP for any help you need for anything not covered by the daily living or mobility activities , including ability to work , care of family members , food shopping and weather condition's"
If thats the case ..then why f ask at the assessment??????
Do you think the gray Report mention is a aimed at the MP enquiry ?? lol :silly:

More
5 years 6 days ago #229987 by Gordon

raindaisy wrote: Do you think the gray Report mention is a aimed at the MP enquiry ?? lol :silly:

I've no idea, I haven't seen this comment before.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231744 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic ESA no 3 WCA hopeful for a PIP decision?
Hi
Just an update following the WCA for ESA no 3 .

Just to let you know I finally received my ESA decision letter last week , and I have remained in the Support Group! such a relief!

Thank you for this site , without it , I would be in meltdown.
I have been to CAB and they have helped with submitting PIP appeal form , I know I could have dont his myself, but I feel I am on my knees with the DWP atm. They are ...:evil:

Anyways , appeal is logged . now for a year long wait for PIP tribunal , meanwhile we struggling without the SDP and PIP , big time.
Not sure my remaining in Support Group after review will help PIP , as they have acknowledged there is a worsening in my health condition and things are more difficult.

We will see , I will keep you up dated.
Thank you Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #231749 by Gordon
raindaisy

Really pleased for you. Well done and congratulations.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.