× Members

ESA PIP CANCER

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229788 by woodsie
ESA PIP CANCER was created by woodsie
Hi Gordon!
I get enhanced PIP both elements and ESA support group.(severely sight impaired and i have a hearing impairment)
I reach 65 in a couple of weeks.
You've helped me on numerous occasions in the past;for which i am very grateful.
This time i would value your opinion on the possible consequences.
Yesterday i was found to have a 6 cm kidney tumour;which will require the removal of the kidney asap. Don't know full prognosis yet as to whether its spread or not.
My question to you is this what would happen if i don't inform the DWP?
I will not gain any financial benefit or lose any; but attract a load of hassle ,i will receive new
forms i cant read, load a massive increase in my stress at a time i don't need it trying to respond without errors.
Just wondered what action they would take in your opinion if any.
I do understand that your response is purely subjective;and my actions regarding it are my responsibility.
Many thanks in advance Gordon.
Regards Matchseller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229811 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA PIP CANCER
matchseller

If you are going to be in hospital for more than 28 days not including the days that you are admitted and released then you must inform the DWP to avoid an over payment of your PIP.

Are you anticipating the surgery will improve any of your limitations and therefore potentially reduce the number of points that you might score? If it will then I have to tell you that you must inform the DWP of the Change.

However, if there will be no change or indeed you might be worse following the operation then it is up to you whether you contact them, as you are already receiving highest rates of ESA and PIP a review cannot pay you more than you are receiving now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: woodsie

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229835 by woodsie
Replied by woodsie on topic ESA PIP CANCER
Hi Gordon!
Thank you for your quick response.
I think from what you've written in your response that i feel reassured that i should have no need to worry.
My physical limitations are sensory ; so the cancer will have no effect as to the severity of either or my ability to qualify for descriptors; so no change.
As to hospital stay as far as surgeon is concerned at present in and out in shortest time.
Once again Gordon thanks,you are invaluable asset to this site and it's members.
Regards Matchseller.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.