× Members

recording face-to-face PIP assessment

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229794 by Alex
Hi
I have received confirmation that my PIP 2 form received by DWP. I am scared of face-to-face interview because of the 'inaccuracies' that happened in the past and I had to appeal etc.

What are the 'rules'/procedures if I wish to do recordings of my face-to-face interview. My son can help me with it. Do they allow video recordings or audio only? I understand that they have to have a copy straight away after the interview. What format and medium is accepted by them? Has anyone done so? Could you please share what kind of appliance one would have used and what the recording was passed on CD-Rom or SD card? Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic recording face-to-face PIP assessment
Alex

You need to request permission in writing from the Assessment Provider.

The recording needs to be made to two tapes or CDs simultaneously.

You cannot use a digital recorder such as a mobile phone.

A member has reported problems if the media is not new, so make sure that the tapes or CDs are still shrink-wrapped and opened in the presence of the assessor.

You need to give one of the recordings to the assessor.

Most members have used two relatively cheap cassette recorders, check that they record without a problem, some have used external microphones.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 days ago #230673 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic recording face-to-face PIP assessment
Hi

I do not know yet my Assessment Provider. Suppose I can be called for an interview by text message/letter in 2-3 days. Suppose, I will send a letter requesting permission. But there is no time to receive their reply:(
What can be done in such a scenario?

My second question is: maybe there are people who used the recording already? I would be grateful if they let me know what exact devices they used? Or a link? Do I need two recorders to record simultaneously? Thank you in advance. Alex

More
5 years 3 days ago #230684 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic recording face-to-face PIP assessment
Alex

The Assessment Provider s required to give you seven days written notice of an appointment although this does include postage.

You can find the AP for your postcode from the following

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

You can use two cassette recorders rather than one device to make the recordings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 days ago #230702 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic recording face-to-face PIP assessment
Hi Alex,

Just to say I used two recorders bought from Argos last summer. They were around £25? in total.

Initially I had my PIP stopped and had to go to the MR stage which I won.

Just a few words of warning: after I won my MR i complained about the nurse who assessed me who told blatant lies. This went on for ages, letter upon letter. In the end ATOS said that they HAD listened to the recording but said the recording was not of sufficient quality to comment on my accusations.

I don't know if this was a get out as I could hear the conversation on the tape throughout the assessment. I suspect they didn't listen to it and it was just standard practice to say this.

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: littlenell11, Alex

More
4 years 11 months ago #231048 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic recording face-to-face PIP assessment
Thank you, Gordon for your reply and the link. The link shows Post codes for PIP assessment providers.There is not CAPITA in my area but INDEPENDENT ASSESSMENT SERVICES.
There are four pages of 'Consultation Centres" for my area. Ideally I would like to prepare a letter regarding recording before hand. DWP and their assessors make lives of disable people even more difficult.
I have found recorders in Argos. I will get them but concerned that they have bad reviews and failures. Sharing thoughts, no questions this time...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.