× Members

Permitted Work

More
5 years 1 month ago #229796 by ANP
Permitted Work was created by ANP
Hi,

I've been on Contributory ESA and Support Group and continue to suffer severe depression.
I have an opportunity to undertaken a paid (on a self employed basis) freelance project - checking language translations for websites. The money involved is a pittance, well under the £85 pw income level.

I also used to do some ebay trading and I'd like to try and re-start this. Again, the money involved is a pittance.

Both opportunities are undemanding and can be done from home.

I'm worried about advising the DWP as they may consider me fit to work (which I'm not) as I'm unsure whether I will be able to manage either sideline and may have to stop and don't want to have to re-apply for ESA.

Any help would be appreciated.

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted Work
ANP

The question you need to ask yourself is whether this work contradicts any of the limitations on which your current award of ESA was made, if it does then you should think carefully before undertaking the work, if not then it should not be a problem.

There's a guide to Permitted Work in the ESA section.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ANP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.