× Members

national insurance contributions onlyT

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229863 by rubyjayden
national insurance contributions only was created by rubyjayden
Hi Gordon

I have been awarded national Insurance credits only, due to being in contribution esa for 365 days in the work related group.
I filled in a new ESA50 with no medical assessment instead my doctor received an ESA113 to fill in. They have sent no statement of reasons for their decision regarding why I did not meet the support group. I am thinking of asking for a statement of reasons, and a mandatory reconsideration why I think i meet the descriptors for this, and a copy of the ESA113 completed by my doctor.
I cannot claim ESAIR due to my husband working more than 24 hours, a week.

I am thinking also of claiming carers allowance for my husband he gets the standard rate of PIP daily living I have not put a claim in for carers allowance or claim an underlying entitlement to it because of ESAcb, could you advise how this could affect the 12 week linking rule re esa if my condition deteriorates or I develop a new condition (still having some tests at the moment), and would I have to end my esa national insurance credits only claim, as I would be entitled to class 1 contributions if my carers allowance claim was successful, and would I lose protection re ESA because I claimed before April 2017 if I ended my ESA claim for national Ins only?
Do you also now if the ESA national Insurance Credits only are class 1 ?

I would much appreciate your views.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229883 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic national insurance contributions only
louisey

Which SG Descriptors did you expect to meet?

The 12-week rule is not relevant your situation unless you are thinking of making a new claim for ESA(CB), as your payments have stopped due to your having spent more than 365 days on ESA(CB), whilst not in the SG, as long as you do not close your claim by starting work, you can ask to be reassessed at any time and if put into the SG, your ESA(CB) can be reinstated.

You can make a claim for Carers Allowance without a problem and as you are not receiving ESA(CB) it will be paid.

Both CA and ESA(CB) pay Class 1 Credits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229923 by rubyjayden
Replied by rubyjayden on topic national insurance contributions only
Hi Gordon
Thanks for your response, the SG Descriptors would be descriptors
9, & eating. I do meet other descriptors but not for the support group.

So with regards to national ins credits only for ESA, would not affect carers allowance giving you class 1 credits?
Many thanks for your help

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic national insurance contributions only
louisey

No, there will be no problem with the Credits, just be aware that if your ESA(CB) goes into payment then you must notify the Carers Unit immediately as you will cease to be entitled to payment of the CA although you will retain an underlying entitlement.

Did you score for Descriptor 9 at all?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229939 by rubyjayden
Hi Gordon
They did place me in the support group for descriptor 9, and
I did get into the support group in 2017, but was reassessed in 2018 and got a bad HP who scored me zero points on every descriptor, I did a MR and got 42 points from 0 points but placed into WRA group cb.
I did not go through with my appeal, maybe I should of just think it will be less stressful to claim CA.

Thanks for all your advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229996 by rubyjayden
Hi Gordon

Just a continuation to my last message of yesterday, do you think I should request a mandatory reconsideration for the support group cos my condition for descriptor 9 remains unchanged this has been confirmed by my gp in her recent report. I think they only considered the work related group last year because I scored 0 points, and got this overturned at MR.

Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.