× Members

PIP MR evidence

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229870 by mosala
PIP MR evidence was created by mosala
I will be listing new evidence on my MR. I have yet to have a mental health assessment. I want to send their report if favourable.
I am afraid to list the mental report on my MR as evidence to come, just in case their letter is unhelpful. If I don't list it now, can I still send it later if I agree with it? Or will they only take notice of the stuff on the list on the MR? Hope that makes sense?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR evidence
mosala

Just list the evidence that you are sending, if there is time before the MR Decision is made then you can send mental health assessment if it is supportive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229904 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP MR evidence
But do I have to tell them it is coming beforehand?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229913 by Gordon

mosala wrote: But do I have to tell them it is coming beforehand?

Forgive me but I have lost where you are in the process, I know you are writing your MR but I don't know whether you have previously contacted the DWP about the request.

If you haven't then you can request additional time to source additional information, the DWP should give you four weeks from the date of your MR request although this does include postage time.

If you have already contacted them then the clock is already ticking and they may not wait for the new report although it is still worth your telling them that you are trying to source additional information, you do not need to be specific about what that information is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229918 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP MR evidence
Bear with me Gordon - this is all so confusing.
I got the Decison about 3 weeks ago. The MR is due in by 11th May. I have only asked to see the information used so far. I have not told them I want an MR. I have just finished writing up the MR request and have some evidence already to hand. I intend to post the MR request and the evidence I have this week.
I presume I don't need to tell them by phone that I am posting a request for MR?
Then I have a Mental Health assessment on 20th May. If their letter is good then I want to send it on later.
Is that OK so far? So, are you saying that when I post it this week, I ask on that letter, that I am waiting for more evidense or that I phone them and ask for them to wait for it? OR, is my whole time up on the 11th?
Sorry if I am not making sense. I am losing it.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229927 by Gordon
Mosala

OK, so you can request they give you an extra four weeks to source additional information, the four weeks will run from the date on your MR request.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.