× Members

Light Touch Awards

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229881 by Hughie
Light Touch Awards was created by Hughie
Hi everyone
Like most other people, I am pleased that the DWP have at least given some ground to claimants regarding ongoing PIP awards. However, there is still uncertainty surrounding actual entitlement to a light touch assessment. I understand that claimants on enhanced rates with very little, or no real prospect of their conditions improving are the likely candidates to be "passported" through the whole medical assessment process, but what does not seem too clear is how far ahead people will get to know if they are one of the chosen few. What I mean is, just how far ahead are they actually looking at as of now? If a claimant has an award for a further year or two, would there be any point in ringing up the DWP to see how their individual case stands, or are the DWP just waiting until awards are on the horizon for renewal? I am like a lot of people, and as much as this move is certainly welcome, the uncertainty is still very frustrating. Does anyone know if anything further has been released regarding the protocol? Thank You.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229901 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Light Touch Awards
HughJulie

We have had a couple of members report that the DWP have written to them with a revised award for an On-Going period one of those was not expecting a review so at least in their case it was done independently of the review process.

Beyond that I can't say without more feedback, I haven't seen anybody report this on any of the other forums I review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hughie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.