× Members

ESA Support til Sept 2020, Now UC Want to Assess!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229956 by Glorificus
Hello

I moved into a Universal Credit town in July 2018, so moved from ESA and housing benefit to ESA and Universal Credit.

Got my ESA50 in the mail in November and had months of being seriously impacted by the stress of the process (I'm bipolar).

Mid April, they said they're keeping me in Support Group, reviewing in September 2020, as I'm high risk if found fit for work (got the reports from both the 'medic' and the decision maker).

Yesterday I got a message on my Universal Credit account with a letter attached.

Letter said they want to assess my fitness for work!!

Rang the Universal Credit line, the guy said that the ESA decision is a different kettle of fish to the Universal Credit review process and there's no intra departmental communication between the two groups of employees.

I had about two weeks of being happy after months of stress and illness, now I'm back to square one.

What should I do now?

Really appreciate any guidance

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229981 by Gordon
Glorificus

There should be no need for them to assess your UC award, the UC assessment is not separate from the ESA one but you do need to chase them to have the new ESA Decision reflected in your UC claim, start by putting a request on your UC Journal but I would follow it up with a phone call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229983 by Glorificus
Replied by Glorificus on topic ESA Support til Sept 2020, Now UC Want to Assess!
Brilliant, will do

Thanks Gordon

Their shoddy admin is absolutely mind-bogglingly inept!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris