× Members

DLA to PIP

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #230014 by Rachias
DLA to PIP was created by Rachias
Hi there
My caree will probably have to apply to move from DLA to PIP. I want to get a handle on it for him before then and would like to download the correct claim form. Can you let me know if I can download the form on line. I have tried to find it but I came up with a form which mentions on the front cover "toolkits" and appeared to be for support workers? Also I am not sure whether the claim forms for PIP claims and DLA to PIP claims are same.
Also, does the DWP decision maker have access to my caree's previous DLA and ESA applications?
Is it appropriate to make reference to some of the replies as well as confirming they are still current and that his condition has worsened. Thank you so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #230026 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Rachias

You can download a sample PIP2 from the following page, scroll to the bottom.

www.gov.uk/guidance/the-personal-indepen...-payment-pip-toolkit

PIP is an entirely different benefit from DLA, please put any thoughts that you have about DLA to one side.

Our PIP Claim guide explains the criteria.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

One of the questions in the claim phone call will be whether the claimant wants the evidence from their last DLA assessment to be included. The DM may have access to ESA information but you cannot guarantee it so if you think it is relevant then I would include it with the PIP2 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rachias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris