× Members

Home assessment

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #230071 by speo77
Home assessment was created by speo77
Hi
I never asked for a home assessment but received a letter to say next Monday I will be getting one relating to my DLA to PIP transfer.
I wont be able to have anyone with me at the time they have stated they will be coming and I get a little confused sometimes when talking to strangers.
I've read somewhere that I can ask the assesor to read out what they are writing, or read back to me what they have written. Is this correct ?......I'm not sure if it was on this forum , I cannot seem to find the post.
If so how should I ask them ?......Is this a normal thing to ask for ?

I'm dreading the whole thing to be honest ....

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #230078 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home assessment
speo

Yes, you can ask at the end of the assessment to see/hear what the assessor has written but be aware that the bulk of the report will be written once they have left.

The PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you will likely be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: speo77

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #230085 by speo77
Replied by speo77 on topic Home assessment
Thanks ...but I meant as they ask the question, and I answer, can I ask what they are writing at that moment ?....if that makes sense .

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #230086 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home assessment

speo7 wrote: Thanks ...but I meant as they ask the question, and I answer, can I ask what they are writing at that moment ?....if that makes sense .

I wouldn't, it's likely to antagonise the assessor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: speo77

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.