× Members

Going from DLA to pip advice please

More
4 years 11 months ago #230456 by Mary s
Going from DLA to pip advice please was created by Mary s
I got a letter recently about wanting to move me from my DLA lifetime award to the PIP. I have downloaded the advice sheets from this wonderful site, but am looking for some further advice.

I understand that all the forms are different, and some let them use your previous DLA form to process your claim rather than submit a new form initially. Or you can ask for your original form and choose what bits you submit on your new claim. I’m wondering what is best to do. I’’m a pensioner and have a type of rhumatoid arthritis and MH issues and ive been getting DLA for over 20 years i know they have shifted the goal posts quick a lot since I first applied, so don’t know if i should ask for this old orignial form back, use it to for them to process and maybe they’ll just transfer me over or start a new claim. Any advice from people who have been through similar? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230489 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Going from DLA to pip advice please
Mary

I think you have misunderstood the process, you can certainly use information from your DLA claim if you think that it is relevant to PIP but it most certainly does not allow you to replace any of the forms that you will need to complete for PIP.

See our PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230651 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Going from DLA to pip advice please
Hi Mary S

I would just like to add to what Gordon has already said. You will need to complete the PIP form and show how your condition affects your ability to do the criteria laid out. Please do not assume because you have had DLA for twenty years and it was a lifetime award that you don't need to do this. You will. The criteria for PIP are not the same as they were for DLA. My husband had a lifetime award for DLA, but your PIP starts as a new claim. Use the guides here and/or seek extra help locally if you need it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.