× Members

PIP Managing therapy or healthcondition

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #230530 by Michelle.garwood34
PIP Managing therapy or healthcondition was created by Michelle.garwood34
Can I just ask does this question also mean needing help/assistance from husband to be able to undertake physiotherapy exercises at home which have been recommended by the hospital to strengthen core muscles? As all other treatments exhausted. These exercises are 30 mins a day and done over 3, 10 minute sessions as unable to complete the full 30 mins at once. Does it also include needing somebody to put medication in doset box. should I be able to score points?

Thanks for your help

Shell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Managing therapy or healthcondition
Shell

Yes, if you need assistance to do your exercises then this would meet the Descriptors for therapy but you need to show that the physio is prescribed, if you don't have a letter that explains what exercises you need to do, how often and for how long then you may struggle to do this.

You also need to explain in detail what assistance you need in order to complete the physio, it must be needed throughout the period, so as an example; if your husband helps you get down on the floor and back up again but does not help with the exercises then he will not be classed as helping you for the whole time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #230548 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic PIP Managing therapy or healthcondition
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. I put that I did the exercises in my form and that I use an exercise ball so I need help from my husband and when I went to the assessment she asked my husband what he did and he explained that the exercises involved me sitting on a gym ball which includes trying to balance so he ensures that I don't fall off as I have poor balance. I received 0 points and she said I was independent in this area. I have now found letters from 2015 which state as my spinal condition is in status quo I need to strengthen muscles on a daily basis and I also have copies of the hand drawn exercises. I am presently awaiting a decision and going off the assessors report I am currently on 11 points for daily living and 8 for mobility. Can I send this information in to the decision maker now or is it too late and explain that I have a copy assessors report and don't agree and have evidence or do I just have to wait for decision.

Also the assessor has written throughout that there is no evidence of significant cardiac medication even though I am taking Bisoprolol a beta blocker for my heart. She has stated I take this for high blood pressure but I don't have high blood pressure. Can I do anything about this also now or wait for the decision.

Thanks for your help.

Shell

More
4 years 11 months ago #230553 by Gordon
Shell

There is a window for you to write to the DM before they make there Decision, sending the letters and diagrams for the exercises might make difference but from your post, it is the need for assistance that is being queried and not necessarily the physio itself.

AS to the heart medication, you need to think about how the misinterpretation has stopped you from scoring points if it actually has.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #230557 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic PIP Managing therapy or healthcondition
Hi Gordon,

Im not sure whether her misinterpretation may have lost me points because she has basically copied and pasted the same into almost every descriptor saying "no observed dizziness, loss of balance or breathlessness during interview and then mentions no significant cardiac medication. I am on the heart medication because I have a condition called POTS which causes sudden tachycardia which in turn causes breathlessness and dizziness which can happens everyday but without but didn't occur during the interview.

Do you think I should mention this to the DM when I send the extra information in regarding the physio?

Thanks

Shell

More
4 years 11 months ago #230559 by Gordon
Shell

It can do no harm to include the information.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.