× Members

Why aren't F2F Assessors honest?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230544 by SLW
I complained to IAS following a recent F2F health assessment. The reply states that they can see there are inconsistencies which they will discuss with the HA, and ask her to check her reports better in future. However to everything else I said there response is basically as they weren't there these cannot be followed up. They have completely skirted around all the valid points I made.
The HA lied about many of my replies (I didn't use this word in my letter!), said I looked well - I looked awful, said my eye contact was good - I am severely deaf so I lip read, the musculoskeletal examination included results for exercises that you need to be on a flat bed to do, I remained seated throughout. Said my hearing was good, there was a fire alarm test during my assessment and I didn't hear it! My husband had to ask the HA what it was. I could go on....

Due to Menieres disease I have very bad vertigo attacks whereby I vomit uncontrollably, lose my hearing, my balance and have to lay on the ground regardless of where I am. My vision is blurred and I am dizzy. For this reason I am unable to go anywhere without the help of another person. I scored no points in the going out category, just 2 points in communicating for wearing hearing aids. This is despite saying that after an attack, which are on average 2 to 3 a week I need at least the following day to recover as they leave me exhausted, more deaf than usual, dizzy and with a lack of balance. I need some care support during and following an attack I got no points at all for this.

Should I follow it up with them or leave be, is there anything to gain?

I have sent in my mandatory reconsideration.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230549 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Why aren't F2F Assessors honest?
SLW

A complaint or your taking it further is a separate exercise to your MR and in reality, the DWP often pay no attention to it even if the report is revised or withdrawn but it can be something that is considered at an appeal.

For your MR, on the limited information you have provided, my comment would be to make sure that you understand the Descriptors that you are trying to score against.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230552 by SLW
Replied by SLW on topic Why aren't F2F Assessors honest?
Sorry I missed off .....

IAS also stated in the letter that their HA's have nothing to gain by not telling the truth in assessments, if this is the case why do so many lie?

Gordon - could you add this to my OP after the 1st paragraph please ?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230554 by SLW
Gordon

Do you not agree that "Mobility activities - Planning and following journeys. that f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an
orientation aid. 12 points". would be applicable from a safety point of view as I lose both my hearing and my vision is blurred? If not please can you explain why not?

Thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #230556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Why aren't F2F Assessors honest?
SLW

So this task (and (d)) is about following a route and the things that prevent you from doing so, so when you talk about your sight and hearing not allowing you to do this safely then you need to do is this context. So as an example; if you had to cross a road could you do so safely? Could you find an appropriate place to cross? Do your sensory problems allow you to judge when it is safe to cross even if this is at something like a Pelican crossing? Are there other dangers that result from your problems when you are trying to follow a route?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLW

More
4 years 11 months ago #230562 by SLW
Its not just about crossing a road though its about when an attack could take place and then I am robbed totally of balance, hearing and have blurred vision.

When I am not having an attack I am still unable to safely cross a road as my hearing at all times is non directional so I have no idea where the traffic noise is coming from. There are no pelican crossings in my local town. I cannot safely cross a road without the assistance of another person.

As I have already said in the first paragraph the dangers come from the unpredictability of when an attack can occur, Half way across a road, walking up or down steps, on an escalator could all have serious consequences should an attack occur.

Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.