× Members

Call from DWP ref PIP

More
4 years 11 months ago #230571 by Nige H
Call from DWP ref PIP was created by Nige H
Hi, I have just had my review , I was granted a home assessment As i have just come out of hospital after heart surgery. I was called last week by the dwp (They said that there was nothing to worry about) and asked when I was in hospital in 2016/2017 and how long I was in. I was only in for a few days at a time. What. I am confused about is why are they going back looking at the amount of time I spent in hospital from a few years back when they have reviewed this last time. They DWP told me I must inform them every time I go in even if it’s just over night. Has anyone heard of the DWP going back over old claims like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230585 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Call from DWP ref PIP
Nige

They are asking because being in hospital for more than 28 days or a total of more than 28 days can result in your PIP payments being suspended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.