× Members

Stress of PIP application

• hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #230587 by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
Stress of PIP application was created by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
I am the unfortunate position that as a 69yr old I have been invited to apply for PIP because my current DLA (originally awarded for life) is due to end.

As anyone that has been in a similar situation, will understand that the process is stressful enough.

I received and duly completed the 'how your disability affects you' questionnaire and returned in good time, (ensuring I had proof of posting). On Bank Holiday Monday at 08:00 I received a text from DWP that they had not received the completed form.
Being a Bank Holiday DWP helpline was closed, so I had to wait until the Tuesday to speak to adviser, they suggested that since I had recently returned the form, it may have been received but not showing on the system yet, they suggested that I wait until Monday 13th May, and if I had not received a text confirmation of their receipt of the form, to ring again.
On Saturday 11th May, I received a letter from DWP advising that they had not received my returned form.
On Monday 13th May I contacted DWP inquiry line again, this time they reconfirmed non receipt, and suggest they resend another form for me to fill in.
Do they not realize the added stress this causes. I do not want to be the subject to another clerical error by DWP that led to a pensioner in North Wales taking her own life when her pension payments were inadvertently stopped.
I have written to Amber Rudd MP, but have been advised that due to existing protocol,to contact my local MP, as I did not live in Amber Rudd's constituency even though she is a minister.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230591 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Stress of PIP application
Hugh

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I would send the copy using a Tracked post if you can afford it so hat you have proof of delivery

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #230594 by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
Replied by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk on topic Stress of PIP application
Thanks for your reply, that was my intention to track the package if indeed, but hopefully the original will arrive to avoid delay in the process

More
4 years 11 months ago #230595 by littlenell11
Replied by littlenell11 on topic Stress of PIP application
Hi Hugh,
I can really empathise with your stress, I too am 63 with a long term physical disability. Life is tough enough, without all the additional stress and indignity of the welfare system.....hope things get sorted very soon for you.
Did you photocopy your PIP form?.....that would save so much time, energy and stress in the event of a lost original.
On the subject of protocol, I would write to Amber Rudd in addition to contacting your own MP, no one has the right to tell you not to contact any MP in Parliment. You can write to her at the Houses of Parliment.

Wishing you the smoothest possible journey through this mine field.

Take care
Littlenell1

• Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #230615 by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
Replied by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk on topic Stress of PIP application
Thanks for sympathetic reply; I did initially write to Amber Rudd directly, but she appears to be shielded from direct contact by her staff,. it was they that suggested that the protocol insisted that, because I was not a constituency member of hers, I should refer to my own MP
Regards Hugh

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #230678 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Stress of PIP application
Hi Hugh
Sorry, that has happened to you. As well as following Gordon's advice to track your new submission if you have to make one, I would also suggest that if you can afford it you take a photocopy of your form and any evidence you send in.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by BIS.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.