× Members

bf223 form

More
4 years 11 months ago #230622 by alynewas
bf223 form was created by alynewas
hello
i rang up on day of medical to say i couldnt come because of severe anxiety and panic attacks.
will they stop my benefit straight away or when they get the BF223 form showing good cause.
also how long do i have to send the form back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bf223 form
Aly

If you contacted them before the appointment was due to be held and it was the first appointment that you have received then a new appointment will be booked but you will need to attend it whenever and wherever it is.

If you spoke to them after your appointment was due or it was your second appointment then your file will be returned to the DWP and you should receive a BF223 to explain why you did not attend, if your reasons are not accepted then your claim will be closed although this is an appealable Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230649 by alynewas
Replied by alynewas on topic bf223 form
Thank you for your reply.
It was my second appointment.
My question was will my benefits be stopped before I return the bf223.? And how long do I have to return it?
Thank you

More
4 years 11 months ago #230659 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bf223 form
Aly

Your benefit will be suspended to prevent an overpayment.

There's no allocated time for you to return the form but if you do not return it within a couple of days then the likelihood is that a negative Decision will be made and your claim closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: alynewas

More
4 years 11 months ago #230677 by alynewas
Hi Gordon, just to let you know for future reference. They said I should have the bf223 by Tuesday and I have 10 working days to send it back.
My money won't be stopped until they get the form back & reach a decision .
Regards
Aly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #231826 by alynewas
They received my bf223 on 28th May(signed for) its nowJune 6th & still heard noting bit my benefits are still being paid.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.