× Members

Conservative Mp ( to meet with Disabled Minister)+

More
4 years 11 months ago #230633 by apples6
Please consider this matter for posting thank you
this was the Q &A from Hansard Parliament on Monday 13 May 2019:
Stephen McPartland
More than 750,000 pensioners are in receipt of disability living allowance, and those who turned 65 after April 2013 are being kicked off DLA and are forced to apply for personal independence payments. Many of them are not applying, and of those who do, some are not receiving PIP. Why are we not transferring these pensioners across automatically?

Guy Opperman
It is right to say that 75% of all reassessed claimants receive a PIP award, and nearly 67,000 more people aged 65 or over are on either DLA or PIP than when PIP was first introduced in 2013. I take my hon. Friend’s point, though, and the Minister for Disabled People will be happy to meet my hon. Friend. I am sure he would make the point that the Government spend more than £20 billion on DLA and PIP, which is up from £15 billion in 2012.

Guy Opperman
It is right to say that 75% of all reassessed claimants receive a PIP award, and nearly 67,000 more people aged 65 or over are on either DLA or PIP than when PIP was first introduced in 2013. I take my hon. Friend’s point, though, and the Minister for Disabled People will be happy to meet my hon. Friend. I am sure he would make the point that the Government spend more than £20 billion on DLA and PIP, which is up from £15 billion in 2012.

Guy Opperman
It is right to say that 75% of all reassessed claimants receive a PIP award, and nearly 67,000 more people aged 65 or over are on either DLA or PIP than when PIP was first introduced in 2013. I take my hon. Friend’s point, though, and the Minister for Disabled People will be happy to meet my hon. Friend. I am sure he would make the point that the Government spend more than £20 billion on DLA and PIP, which is up from £15 billion in 2012
.Guy Opperman
The Mp was is Mr Stephen McPartland and he wishes to to pursue this matter with government of which he is part direct contact has been made to him and Mr P is keen to hear from other Pensioners in the position thank
contacts details are:
Parliamentary
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Tel: 020 7219 7156

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Constituency
No constituency address publicised

Tel: 01438 728139

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Web & Social media
Website Website: www.stephenmcpartland.... Twitter Twitter: @smcpartlandmp
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.