× Members

End to unnecessary PIP reassessments

More
4 years 11 months ago #230672 by ROSAMARIA
End to unnecessary PIP reassessments was created by ROSAMARIA
Has the DWP started to apply what Amber Rudd announced in her speech of 5th March this year, regarding changes in the review of awards for those of us who are receiving PIP and are of State Pension age? She said we would all be moved to a light touch review every 10 years, regardless of the existing length of our awards, and that this change was " imminent."
This is in addition to the 10 year light touch for those already on the enhanced rates of PIP which was already in place.
Have any members been affected by the March 2019 statement? Or is it yet to be applied?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230683 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic End to unnecessary PIP reassessments
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Two members have reported that their awards have been superseded and replaced with ON-Going ones.

I would not hold your breath on this, I doubt very much that the expectation will be matched with the reality, we have already had a number of members of pensionable age who have had their PIP reassessed as normal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230694 by ROSAMARIA
Replied by ROSAMARIA on topic End to unnecessary PIP reassessments
Thank you for your help. As a self taught "silver surfer", this is the first time that I have managed to post on the forum.
Have you seen The Office for Budget Responsibility's "Economic and fiscal outlook. March 2019 "report?
Page 98 of that document, paragraphs 4.75 and 4.76 indicate that the DWP is prioritizing completion of the full PIP roll out over reviews of all claimants above the State Pension age,
Hence the speech by Amber Rudd.
In view of this OBR report, do you think it more likely that the reassessment reviews for OAP's will stop?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230695 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic End to unnecessary PIP reassessments
RosaMaria

I think members should be careful of reading too much into Amber Rudd's statement in the first place.

Reviewing existing claims seems to be a separate exercise so I don't know whether it will have an impact or not, the DWP do seem to be reviewing some claims six months early rather than the twelve that is normally used, this is definitely to free up resources.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230696 by ROSAMARIA
Thank you.
I would just like to say how very much I appreciate the website and all the help you give.
I would very happily contribute much more to keep the forum open.
With the help of your amazing members guides, I have successfully swapped from DLA to PIP.
My very grateful heartfelt thanks to you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #231381 by ROSAMARIA
Gov. UK have just issued a press release "Unnecessary disability reassessments for disabled pensioners to be phased out." This states that from Friday 31 May,new claimants to PIP who would have had a review after they had reached State Pension age, will now receive an on going award with a light touch 10 year review.
But "it will be extended to existing PIP claimants above State Pension age in the coming months"
Is it possible to approximately quantify how long this phasing out period might take please?
My current PIP award is up for review, any time from 18 Feb 2020. Would it be reasonable for me to hope ,that by then, I would have been moved to the light touch 10 year review myself?
The review process affects me very badly mentally, and even now, with some 8 months to go, the stress and pressure are starting to build. I very much appreciate your time and the advice that you give to this forum.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.