× Members

Will this kind of letter be useful

More
5 years 2 days ago - 5 years 2 days ago #230723 by tarka
Will this kind of letter be useful was created by tarka
Hi there,

Below is an exact copy of a letter that my consultant wrote for me, to back up my disabilities on the PIP2 form that I'll be filling in and posting to the DWP. Obviously, the names and numbers are fictitious
Do you think the letter will help me making the claim, although from what I've read on the forum, I'll still have to go for a face to face assessment.
Surely a letter written by a consultant who knows exactly how you're affected by your disabilities would help especially if your claim as to go to a tribunal.

Thanks again for your advice.

Tarka9289

NHS number
Ref:

Mr Tarka
address

Dear Mr Tarka

This is to confirm you have complex revised elbow replacements on both elbows. The limitation on these is significant and limited to a bag of sugar in terms of weight bearing. On the right side the triceps has failed and this means you have difficulty with anything above shoulder height or behind the back such as washing your hair or back as the arm will collapse with a weak grip in the situation. This is a permanent restriction in the elbows.

His mobility with his wider severe rheumatoid is such that the majority of days are limited to 20 metres or less caused by the pain in the knees and hips.

Yours sincerely

Dictated but not seen or signed to avoid delay

Mr xxxx
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Last edit: 5 years 2 days ago by Gary. Reason: Although member states that names and numbers are fictitious we have to be careful with GDPR and remove names that could identify someone even by accident

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 days ago #230727 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Will this kind of letter be useful
Hi Tarka
Having additional medical evidence to back up your claim is always advisable. It is unlikely to stop you having a f2f assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #230764 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Will this kind of letter be useful
Hi Tarka

When presenting medical evidence, it needs to be on headed paper and ideally with a signature.
In your example where it states 'Dictated but not seen or signed to avoid delay' this could make the assessor very cautious and they may believe the document is a fake, which is what you want to avoid at all times.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Gary.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230823 by tarka
Replied by tarka on topic Will this kind of letter be useful
Hi Gary,
Thanks for your advice, I asked my consultant to write the letter whilst I was at my appointment at the hospital and told him it was urgent as the pip2 form as to be returned by the 29th of May. That's the reason why it was sent to me quickly, not only that, he is a very busy man. I'll ring his secretary to see if she could type me another with his signature.
What do you actually mean by the words "letter heading" as the letter that I have which I've photo copied to send with the form has all the the details like the NHS sign and the address of the hospital with phone numbers below that, and images of this particular hospital. Below all that on the left hand side of the letter is all my details. Isn't this what you would call a letter heading?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230824 by tarka
Replied by tarka on topic Will this kind of letter be useful
Before posting my previous letter enquiring about the word "letter heading" could you edit it with "headed paper" instead and ignore this one.
Thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #230846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Will this kind of letter be useful
Tarka

What we mean is the hospital stationery or if the Consultant has their own stationery, that.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.