× Members

ESA Renewal

More
5 years 1 week ago #230811 by marie4543
ESA Renewal was created by marie4543
I am currently in the Support Group Contribution based and was awarded ongoing. However given the length of time I’ve been on it, I suspect I will get a form through shortly. I have not paid NI contributions for the last two years as I have not been working. Therefore what am I applying for? Is it new style, will it be the same as I am on now or will it be income based? I am confused..Also if you have both physical and mental health conditions do these go on the same form.? One last question, (sorry) Do they always contact your GP or is it like PIP where you have to gather your own evidence? I just find the whole thing so overwhelming. I would appreciate Any advice. Thank you and Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #230816 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA Renewal
Hi Marie

Until you get a new form, you do not need to anything for now, but it is a good idea to start collecting supporting documents togeter. If you are on contribution based ESA and in the support group then you stay on that award until you are reassessed and your entitlement changes, i.e you are put in the work group or found fit for work, if nothing changes then you stay as you are.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.