× Members

pip2 form lost in dwp system

More
4 years 11 months ago #231003 by timnok600
pip2 form lost in dwp system was created by timnok600
Hi, I'm in the process of being transferred from DLA to PIPs. I sent my completed pip2 form back to the dwp on the 12/4/19 recorded delivery and it was sign for at their address on the 15/4/19. the deadline date was the 29/4/19.
I didn't receive a text to my mobile phone saying they had received it so on the 29/4/19 i rang the dwp. they confirmed nothing had showed up on the system. I gave them the tracking number and they said they would send a request to the post handling department to look for it. I rang again a week later and they confirmed they were still looking for it. I still not received a text confirming they had it in there system yet.
The question is should i do anything else or just wait for the dwp to get back to me. Love to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Thanks Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231022 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip2 form lost in dwp system
timnok

I'm hoping that you retained a copy.

I would send a copy of this to the DWP, if they have not found it in three weeks then they are unlikely to and your claim cannot progress without a PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231037 by timnok600
Replied by timnok600 on topic pip2 form lost in dwp system
Hi Gordon, I unfortunately didn't make a copy of the pip2 itself. The reason because i find it difficult to write i filled it in by ticking the boxes and referring to additional sheets as far as the answers where concerned. I've got copies of these of course and my supporting evidence.
Timnok

More
4 years 11 months ago #231052 by Gordon
timnok

You need to chase the DWP, if you leave it then the most likely result is that they will Decide that you did not return the form and close your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231378 by timnok600
Replied by timnok600 on topic pip2 form lost in dwp system
Hi Gordon, The day after your post i phoned the dwp. The call handler confirmed they had a note of the recorded delivery ref number . She said she would send a message asking about progress and that someone would ring me back. No one has yet.
I did ask her what happens if they can't find it, she said that they would probably ask me to fill in another pip2 form. She gave the impression that that there was no doubt they had received it.
I'm just wondering if i should send a copy of the proof of postage and screen shot of the proof of delivery?
Should i still be worried, is there anything else i can do.
Thx

More
4 years 11 months ago #231401 by Gordon
timnok

It is now six weeks so I am actually surprised that the DWP have not decided what they are going to do, I would normally have quoted a maximum of 10 days.

It could be that they have had a problem with a batch of mail and that is why they have been generous with the time but as I said before you need to manage this situation. If the DWP decide that you did not return the form then your DLA will stop, even if they ask you to complete a new PIP2 they may still stop it and start a new claim for PIP from the next day.

You really need to think about how you can supply a copy of the form now.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.