× Members

Dla info request

More
5 years 6 days ago #231005 by hilly
Dla info request was created by hilly
I received my dla to pip changeover letter so i requested all the info they had on me regarding my previous dla award.

I was hoping to find out the scoring and why i was awarded enhanced so i could hopefully use that information when filling in my new PIP form.

All the info has arrived today and disappointingly all I have ..... is my previous dla application form, all the consultant letters i sent them and the ATOS examiners report which i already have a copy off. So nothing new at all that i havent got.

Would there not actually be a decision makers letter saying why and under which category i scored enhanced in care and mobility? Or a points system if DLA used that.

Im not sure if i was expecting a type of form like people post on the PIP assessments with a mark next to each point awarded.

Hope this makes sense

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 days ago #231027 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla info request
hilly

DLA is not points based so there will be no score sheet.

The DMs reasons for the Decision should have been on the Decision Letter, this is stored separately from the rest of the documents and this may be the reason that you did not receive a copy as part of your request.

Beyond this there is probably no other documents that you can ask for now.

The criteria for PIP is fundamentally different from that used for DLA, whilst the areas covered are the same, DLA looked at care needs and PIP required the claimant to meet specific criteria, so the information from a previous DLA award is not always useful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hilly

More
5 years 5 days ago #231047 by hilly
Replied by hilly on topic Dla info request
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.