× Members

Pip mandatory reconsideration

More
4 years 11 months ago #231285 by darkchild101
Pip mandatory reconsideration was created by darkchild101
I have had two PIP assesments and both times been awarded standard rate for both elements. In 2017 I reported a change of circumstances due to my health deteriorating and I was awarded enhanced daily living component and standard rate on mobility. I asked for an MR on the mobility and DWP stuck to their decision..using your resource I applied to tribunal and requested a paper hearing and I was pleased to be awarded enhanced for mobility in January 2018. My award was due to run out December 2018 so DWP invited me to file a new claim rather than renew it. At same time I had applied for ESA and had an assessment in November 2018 and a doctor cane to the house and assessed me and I was awarded 15 points

What I can't understand it how my ESA assesment went so different from my PIP. This time I was awarded standard rate for living component and nothing on mobility. My condition is incurable and how could assesments by DWP for PIP just one and half years apart be so different and also mug esa assesment done three months from pip one be so different

Please help I'm desperate as I'm trying to mount a mandatory reconsideration request

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231311 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mandatory reconsideration
Thabo

The criteria for ESA and PIP is different so you can't really look at at the two and compare awards, however, you do have reasonable concerns about the two PIP assessments.

So you had a new PIP2 to complete, did you describe your problems in detall? What evidence did you provide? Did you include the Tribunal's Decision?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231369 by darkchild101
Replied by darkchild101 on topic Pip mandatory reconsideration
Hi Gordon
I foolishly didn't include the tribunals decision unfortunately. So should I include it in MR reconsideration

I sent in letter from Rheumatologist and letter from ophtamologist for my blepharitis. I had previously received counselling for depression and anxiety but that was in 2018 and the programme had finished. Should I request a letter to that effect
What I don't get is how the nurse could say I walked 28 meters so it means I am on and can mobilise

Gordon correct me if I am wrong but I'm sure on the PIP form I filled it said if you have applied for any benefits or or waiting for a decision to say it. I could be wrong

Also if the month is about to run out can I send in the MR documents can I ask for extra time or should I just send it what I have and then send in what I'm waiting for next week?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231396 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mandatory reconsideration
Thabo

Yes, I would include Tribunal result with the Mr.

Again, if you can get a letter about the counselling then I would include it but for all of the information that you include, you must explain the relevance of the information to your PIP claim.

If you don't think that you walked 28m then you should say but think about the distances that you may have had to walk in getting to the assessment centre as well.

If you are running out of time then you have two options; you can request the MR within the one month allowed and ask for extra time to send additional information, they should give you 28 days to do this although it does include postage. Or, you can make a Late request when you have everything ready, you will need to explain why the request is late, the DWP may not accept your reasons although this would be unusual but you should be able to continue on to appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.