× Members

Failed MR

More
4 years 11 months ago #231294 by CoolgirlM
Failed MR was created by CoolgirlM
I got the dreaded letter telling me my MR has failed and that the DWP is upholding their decision of a awarding me zero points for each component.
I don’t know if I have the strength to go through tribunal. What is the success rate??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231305 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Failed MR
Hi CoolgirlM

The success rate for PIP appeals is 73% as of Jan 2019. You can read about it here
PIP and ESA Appeal Success

If you want to appeal you can find out how to do so here.
PIP Appeals

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoolgirlM

More
4 years 11 months ago #231307 by CoolgirlM
Replied by CoolgirlM on topic Failed MR
Thank you xxx

More
4 years 11 months ago #231314 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Failed MR
Please try and summon up strength and get some support. Around here you ask at Citizen's Advice Bureau. My son got four points, no increase at MR but at Tribunal he was awarded enhanced rate for both components which is the award he should have had. I know it feels hopeless and stressful but the powers that be make it that way to deter claimants. Fight back and get the entitlement you should have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoolgirlM

More
4 years 11 months ago #231341 by CoolgirlM
Replied by CoolgirlM on topic Failed MR

Mutty wrote: Please try and summon up strength and get some support. Around here you ask at Citizen's Advice Bureau. My son got four points, no increase at MR but at Tribunal he was awarded enhanced rate for both components which is the award he should have had. I know it feels hopeless and stressful but the powers that be make it that way to deter claimants. Fight back and get the entitlement you should have.

Thank you, you are very kind. The MR assessment was even harsher than the original one and that alone is making me extremely nervous about an appeal.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231348 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Failed MR
CoolgirlM

You also have the option of making a new claim for PIP, there is no waiting time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.