× Members

PIP From 15 points to 0 Points Please Help!

More
4 years 11 months ago #231327 by TD888
Hello, I help look after my friend who has severe anxiety, PTSD from incidents I'd rather not go into and agoraphobia. He struggles to get to the doctors and I literally had to sedate him with Diazepam to get him to the medical test, where he nearly vomited from anxiety.

The questioner seemed more interested in "Could" he physically do something like make a sandwich, disregarding the fact that he never remembers, never wants to eat and goes days without eating if we dont encourage him.

The medical was Friday 17th May and today we got the decision letter which has awarded him 0 points, not even a single point for needing a 7 day pill box to remember his medicines (He has taken overdoses before and still forgets even with the pill box)

This has obviously sent him into a very negative spiral and the onus is on me to sort this all out. The problem is I don't have a lot of physical medical evidence short of a few medication lists. He struggles to leave the house and getting him to the doctors has been a constant struggle for all of us.

I just don't know how I can do this.

Should I start the mandatory reconsideration or should I wait until I have copies of the Medical Report? (I have emailed a request for them just now)
Would it help if we submitted a diary taken by me and my friends other carer for a few weeks?

I almost feel like inviting the bloody DWP to come and live with him for a week and tell me then that he deserves 0 points.

I'm sorry if this is very disjointed and all over the place but I really do not know what to do, this is his only income and we'll be living on my savings for now, which wont last long.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231337 by BIS
Hi Alex
The first thing to do is to give notice that you are going to put in a mandatory consideration. You have one month to do this. If you read the guide it will tell you the process and talk about any additional information you may wish to submit.

Guide to PiP Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TD888

More
4 years 11 months ago #231363 by TD888
Thank you, I've been reading through. As a group my friend, his other carer and myself are just going through the descriptors and writing what we think he should have scored with a description of why.

I am absolutely astonished though, that they scored him 0 for everything.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231366 by Sarah Martin
Replied by Sarah Martin on topic PIP From 15 points to 0 Points Please Help!
If you are astounded, dispute the HCP findings. Use the guides on this site and try and keep a diary. Good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.