× Members

Pip safety rules

More
4 years 11 months ago #231380 by pawseuk
Pip safety rules was created by pawseuk
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the new Pip rules regarding safety is only for anyone taking seizures or loss of consciousness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231402 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip safety rules

pawseuk wrote: Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the new Pip rules regarding safety is only for anyone taking seizures or loss of consciousness.

No, they apply to all claimants equally.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231486 by pawseuk
Replied by pawseuk on topic Pip safety rules
Thank you Gordon for your reply. Could I ask you another question please? I have balance problems through having Menieres Disease and BPPV. I am afraid to go out on my own because I have fallen and hurt myself. Last time I fell I fractured my wrist. I won't go out now unless I have someone with me. I got 4 points for Moving Around in the Mobility section at my assessment but after the Tribunal regarding RJ v DWP, I wrote to the DWP to ask them to look at the decision again in regards to the 'safety' aspect. They sent the letter back to say that they can only consider the safety aspect in relation to falls from a seizures or loss of conciousness. I am thinking of appealing but I don't know whether it would be 11.f) that I would need to use in the Planning and Following a Journey.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231499 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip safety rules
pawseuk

I think you will struggle to score for what is fundamentally a physical issue in the Going Out activity despite the potential safety issue as it is only looking at the cognitive, sensory and mental health issues that would prevent you from following a route.

You also need to consider the risk of your falling as well as any injury that might result, so how often do you fall when out and when you have fallen, how often has this resulted in a serious injury.

As you do not have a Mobility award you have nothing to lose by appealing for one but can you deal with actually making the appeal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231515 by pawseuk
Replied by pawseuk on topic Pip safety rules
Thank you Gordon. I will need to give it some thought.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.