× Members

PIP HOME MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

More
4 years 11 months ago #231408 by ELE1
PIP HOME MEDICAL ASSESSMENT was created by ELE1
Hi,
I have a PIP medical at home tomorrow and getting very nervous about this.
I find myself worrying about everything in my home, will they check my home in relation to my claim. what are my rights with regard to this?
I have read the guides on medicals but I am wondering if a home assessment is different in any way.
Will my private space be scrutinized also? This is stressing me out, any help will be welcome
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231424 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP HOME MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
ELE

They are a visitor in your home and have no more right to look around than anybody else coming to see you. In reality, it is extremely rare for an assessor to ask to look around so I would not worry about it.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231437 by ELE1
Replied by ELE1 on topic PIP HOME MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Thanks Gordon,
I feel better for your input, now just have to get through tomorrow.
Will update you on how it went.:S

More
4 years 11 months ago #231512 by ELE1
Replied by ELE1 on topic PIP HOME MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Hi,
Just an update, my home assessment is over, very relieved. The HP was pleasant and did not ask to see any other rooms as you said would happen.
She allowed recording to take place on 2 cassette players I bought cheaply for the purpose.
So now all I can do is wait for the decision.
Many thanks for all your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.