× Members

ESA appeal hearing

More
4 years 11 months ago #231488 by Misshicksy
ESA appeal hearing was created by Misshicksy
I was in receipt of IB and moved to ESA years ago. I’ve been in the support group for several years then 2 years ago was moved into WRA. I compiled a MR at first it was refused. I then had another assessment and again was put in WRA so again compiled a MR this time with help from CAB. I’ve then appealed with their help and got a hearing next week.

I suffer from severe anxiety and seizures. By being put in the WRAG my condition has severely deteriorated now over the 18 months. The stress over the appeals process and having no WRA available to me or further advice from DWP has made it even worse. My condition is presently worse than it’s ever been. How can I convey this at the hearing? What will I be asked and will I be given chance to say this or it is straight questions/answers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231501 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal hearing
Samantha

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The problem is that the Appeal panel can only consider your conditions as they were at the time the Decision was made, any changes that have occurred since then legally cannot be looked at.

Do you know how you qualified for the SG previously?

Do you believe that you still meet this or would another SG Descriptor apply?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.