× Members

Severe Disability Premium

More
4 years 11 months ago #231500 by Tinol
Severe Disability Premium was created by Tinol
Hi there,

I recently applied for the Severe Disability Premium (SDP) as I am in receipt of both Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP). However, I was refused this as I am presently living with my parents, even though I am in possession of a tenancy for a council property, but have been unable to move into this owing to the fact that it has required repairs. Nonetheless, I would argue that I am regarded as a guest of my parent's household, as I do not receive any sort of care from them.

In any case, I was just wondering what my eligibility would be if I were to acquire a rental agreement between myself and my parents, and start paying them a small amount of rent per week (say £10-15). Would this change my eligibility of receiving the SDP? I also have a younger brother who is profoundly disabled due to learning difficulties, and so presumably will be receiving the higher-rate of PIP as well.

Many thanks,

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231505 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Severe Disability Premium
Alex

I'll be honest and say that I think it will be seen as a contrivance to allow you to receive the SD Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.