× Members

Home PIP assessment while in bed

More
4 years 11 months ago #231511 by Daff
Home PIP assessment while in bed was created by Daff
I just wondered if they do the assessment while you are in bed. I had heard that they refused to do one for somebody in bed. My health is worse lately and they’ve given me an appointment for 9 am when I’m usually in bed most days. This is a reassessment by the assessment company because I complained about a recent assessment because a lot of it wasn’t about me. The DWP awarded me PIP in the lower rate based on the wrong assessment. I’m just worried that they will turn up and refuse to do it if I’m upstairs in bed. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231516 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Home PIP assessment while in bed
Hi Daff
They do carry out assessments for people who are in bed. I know of three people who have had such an assessment this year. However, there could be a valid reason why an assessor has refused to do one when they arrive at a house. It will be down to the individual assessor. They have a right to feel safe.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daff

More
4 years 11 months ago #231532 by Daff
Replied by Daff on topic Home PIP assessment while in bed
Thanks. I guess it’s just wait and see then what they say when they arrive.
I just wondered what other peoples experiences were too

More
4 years 11 months ago #231552 by ivyfox
Replied by ivyfox on topic Home PIP assessment while in bed
I had a home PIP assessment while in bed.

I have a trusted friend with a key to my home who came round in advance, made sure I was as OK as possible, then admitted the assessor with a brief explanation, showed her upstairs, made the introductions and then told me 'just call if you need me/when you're done'.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.