× Members

Recording PIP Assessment

More
4 years 11 months ago #231519 by Julie
Recording PIP Assessment was created by Julie
I accompanied a friend to her PIP Assessment this afternoon. I had informed them that I was going to be recording the assessment but when we got there the assessor refused to let us - because the cassettes weren't sealed and she said I could have tampered with them. At no point when I informed the assessors that I would be recording was I told that sealed audio cassettes were required and it's not stated in the DWP advice online. We've had to rebook the appointment as we're determined to record it. Has the assessor been out of line?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231527 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Recording PIP Assessment
Hi Julie
You are not the first person to experience this. As tapes or CDs can be tampered with, it is not unreasonable for the assessor to expect people to take shrink wrapped tapes or CDs and open them in the presence of the assessor. Some assessors phone before an assessment to run through the recording process, but this is not standard and nor is the advice clear. Unfortunately, you fell foul of this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena

More
4 years 11 months ago #231529 by CoolgirlM
Replied by CoolgirlM on topic Recording PIP Assessment
Stick to your guns - my assessor told a pack of lies about what I “said” during my face to face assessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.