More
4 years 11 months ago #231533 by mrst
Hi,
I made the initial phone call to claim PIP on 29th April
Received PIP2 form 7th May
Posted completed PIP2 form 16th May
Received phone call 22nd May to say I had a home assessment 24th May
Had home assessment 24th May

I did not request a home visit, is this normal to just get one? The home assessment took approx one hour with the assessor just asking questions one after another and them just typing into their computer 90 miles an hour, the person was polite and said I would get a decision 4-6 weeks and then left. So it's just a nervous waiting game now.
From making the first PIP claim phone call and receiving a home assessment it has only took just over three weeks and that included two bank holiday Monday's! !! I thought this process of claiming PIP took months, so not sure what to make of how quick this has been, has anybody else experienced a quick transfer?
I will keep you updated, so for now it's fingers crossed and a very nervous wait.

Bye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231540 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP my journey so far
mrst

A home assessment is unusual but they would not have done one if they did not think it was justified,

A Decision may be longer than the 4-6 weeks quoted.

You can request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231545 by mrst
Thank you for the reply Gordon, is it too soon to ask for the assessors report? , would it make a difference to the DM decision? I'm a little worried in case the DM thinks I'm too eager, if you get what I'm talking about

More
4 years 11 months ago #231549 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP my journey so far

mrst wrote: Thank you for the reply Gordon, is it too soon to ask for the assessors report? , would it make a difference to the DM decision? I'm a little worried in case the DM thinks I'm too eager, if you get what I'm talking about

Requesting it won't have any effect on the Decision I would be surprised if the DM is even aware that a request has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrst

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.