× Members

Mortgage Support

More
4 years 11 months ago #231539 by jan777
Mortgage Support was created by jan777
Hi
My mortgage interest support was delayed by 5 months due to a backlog and resulted in my credit score taking a huge dive.
After finding a negative status on Equifax regarding mortgage payments I called Santander only to be told ‘as long as my mortgage is being paid by the DWP then there will always be a note stating it’s being paid by a third party and will always show in arrears as the DWP pay in arrears????
How can I get the DWP to pay me directly so I pay my lender without the whole world knowing I have to claim a benefit ?
If I become well enough to work again this still stays on my report for 6 yrs and limits my options for a different mortgage as I’ll be stuck with my present lender !
Universal Credit etc insists benefits are paid to the claimant as part of their ‘human rights ‘ and to encourage them to take responsibility for money etc ... I’ve taken responsibility and paid my mortgage until I became to I’ll to work... If I walked away from my mortgage, I could easily go into council/housing association property and claim full housing benefit ....
I won’t be left any options if my credit reports hold information that I’m permanently in arrears by 50p
Hope you can help ?
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mortgage Support
Janet

This is not an area of benefits that we advise in and we are not financial advisors.

The DWP are not going to pay the mortgage to you.

Check what you are paying, you are likely paying monthly and the DWP will be paying four weekly so that may explain why you are showing in arrears, it will sort itself out at the end of the year but maybe not before.

You could make a one-off payment for one month's interest that the DWP are paying, the money should not be used until it is actually needed and should mean that you are never in arrears.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.