× Members

Q. Bit confused about 13c On the PIP Guide .

More
4 years 11 months ago #231562 by tommckey
Hi- my 1st post. I'm sorry but I keep on reading this part but I just can't get it clear in my head
It says in the guide that:
"Health professionals are told that if you are able to leave home once to undertake a journey on a particular day then you will not score points for being unable to undertake any journey on that day. This will be the case even if you aren’t able to do any other journeys that you want or need to on that day.However, if you are only able to undertake journeys at night, this will not count as being able to undertake a journey"
My situation is that I miss a lot of appointments, last year, even though the pain from toothache meant I couldn't feel the whole side of my face, I couldn't face going out. Even when I've no bread or milk etc I do without for days rather than going. I don't socialize at all.
But I have gone to some appointments. Though I often cancel. So I never know really if I can or not.
My question is then "Do I simply tick the 'sometimes' box" as a lot of the time I cannot go due to extreme anxiety

I suppose my confusion is that in some of the other questions if you can't do something more than 50-60% of the time then it is taken as a 'No'

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read. I'd be very grateful for a clarification.
Thanks, Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231570 by Gordon
tommckey

You don't have to use the tick boxes if you think that they restrict your answer unreasonably but you do need to still provide an answer, so you could mark then "see below" or "see attached" and answer in the comments box or an attached page.

They will look at what you can do on the majority of days so you do not need to be housebound 365 days a year. So ask yourself, on any particular day, could you go out if you needed to and from this workout how many days a year that you could.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommckey

More
4 years 11 months ago #231620 by tommckey
Replied by tommckey on topic Q. Bit confused about 13c On the PIP Guide .
Thanks Gordon.for your reply. I wish I'd have posted sooner and saved myself such a headache
I had to get the form off today so just went ahead and explained all the times I couldn't go out like when I almost died when I had a kidney infection and by the time I got to my GP only with my wife nagging my kidneys had failed completely.. I also gave as many examples as I could think and did say that even with someone with me I couldn't go if I was worked up. I've been up all night but glad I got it finished.
I did leave it to the last minute for anyone reading which I wouldn't advise.
I had for the past 3/4 days worked through the questions reading the Guide the day before last but my mind just wouldn't work . I was reading but it was like I was in a trance. Thankfully as the night went on I managed to put down what I thought was raesonably coherent.
I would say to anyone to just make a start and maybe write a rough answer on a separate and maybe come back to it later.
I had to go for a Colonoscopy last week and I couldn't think about anything else hence my rush this week
Thanks for the Guide and thankyou Gordon for running this site. I hope you do manage to get help to keep it running. Regards Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.