× Members

Pip review success

More
4 years 11 months ago #231567 by kirstyn lindup
Pip review success was created by kirstyn lindup
I worked full time as a teacher and was on Standard Rate PIP. I had to finish work last May 2018, due to health reasons and a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I informed PIP of my medical changes. It took 6 months to have an assessment at home. The assessor had written he/ she throughout his assessment, as if he was writing about two different people. It came back as Standard rate despite me now having a carer for 21 hours a week, life line, council funding for a wet room and work outside the property proposed. My mandatory reconsideration came back as standard despite the mistakes the assessor made in his reports and the changes my medical conditions have on me now compared when I was able to work and got standard rate then. We put a really good argument forward in the reconsideration where the assessor did say he considered the higher rate but this was not awarded. Now I am taking it to Tribunal after auctioning the changes over a year ago. How can this be so?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #231574 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review success
K

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

Understand I can only reply based on what you post.

So you mention a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, a carer and a wet room but nothing about how your limitations are greater and why you now have more problems with completing the PIP activities now than you did when last assessed.

We may be able to help but not without more information, alternatively, have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information about the criteria you need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231582 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Pip review success
As Gordon says - have a read of the guides on here they are very helpful in how to fill in the questions and relate your problems to the scorers/points.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.