× Members

Assessments

More
4 years 11 months ago #231633 by annieshake
Assessments was created by annieshake
Hello. My previous PIP claim was rejected, and I've just reapplied.
Just wondering if the DWP send the same assessor to my home that's been before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #231648 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Assessments
Hi Annie
DWP don't send out assessors, assessors carries out assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensionswork for companies such as ATOS or Capita, so you could in theory get the same assessor.

You say that your original claim was rejected, did you request a MR/Appeal, you may want to check out 'ESA and UC appeals' under Members Only Guide.

Depending on how long ago it was when you were rejected, you may still be able to request a MR if you have good cause and it is within 13 months of the original decision.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: annieshake

More
4 years 11 months ago #231813 by annieshake
Replied by annieshake on topic Assessments
Thank you, Gary. I did the whole MR and then Appeal - and I lost. It was in January this year.

I was awarded some points, but not enough. The DWP emphasised to the Panel that I receive Carers Allowance for my husband - and urged them to justify my claim for PIP while caring for somebody. The Panel's questions on the subject were relentless.

Although at the time I asked for a Statement of Reason, I heard nothing until I got a letter last week telling me that it has been passed to a Judge to look at - 4 months after the event.

I contacted your colleague, Gordon, who suggested I complain, I have. I'm yet to hear any news. I reapplied for PIP last week, I am waiting for the application form.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.