× Members

ESA reviews for claimants with chronic conditions

More
4 years 11 months ago #231705 by mpckelly
Hi all,

I have a chronic, long term physical health condition and have been on ESA for several years as a result. (I also receive PIP). I have medical evidence stating that my condition is not expected to improve.

I had my Work Capability Assessment appeal hearing over 2 years ago and was put in the Support Group for 24 months. As such, the review of my ESA is now several months overdue.

The stress of waiting for be reviewed again and not knowing when this might happen is playing havoc with my condition. I'm thus writing to ask whether such a delay in ESA being reviewed is typical ...

... also, whether there has been any decision by the DWP, or Government, to not review claimants with long-term chronic conditions (or at least 'put them to the back of the pile') - might it be the case that I will not be reviewed at all??

(I am in Scotland, should it help to know this: I'm not sure whether claimants in Scotland are dealt with differently in any way).

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231712 by Gordon
hablitza

I'm afraid the only way to find out what is going on is for you to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

The 24 months is not set in stone and whilst I would expect the DWP to initiate a new on time for most claimants they can choose to defer it if they wish.

The rules have changed for long term conditions and claimants can be exempted from further review but only after another WCA has been done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mpckelly

More
4 years 11 months ago #231745 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic ESA reviews for claimants with chronic conditions
Hi HT

Just wondering if you might be able to relate to the following couple of recent posts regarding your late arriving ESA 50?

Post #225263.....................Late arriving ESA 50

Post #229452......................ESA decision.

Thank you for your post HT, as it helps me to know that I'm not alone.

Kindest of regards
P.:woohoo:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.