× Members

cESA with ir-top-up. Will I be moved to UC or not?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231771 by snowy_owl
Apologies if this has already been asked - I did have look but may have missed it.
I've just received my ESA50 to fill in, having had my last medical in 2016. I have been in the support group. According to my letters, my claim is based on NI payments (ie contribution based), but my savings have gone way below the £6k threshold over the last 3 years so I now received income-related benefits on top, including SDP (which wouldn't be included in UC).

Do I count as contribution-related on income-related ESA for UC migration? +/- if they've sent me an ESA50 form can I assume they're leaving me on ESA?
(also claim PIP but no other benefits)

Thank you in advance for people's help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231775 by Gary
Hi Snowy
Depending on how old you are, as you are in the support group of ESA you can stay on contribution based ESA until DWP either find you fit for work, put you in the work group or you reach retirement age.
If you are on 'old style' contribution based ESA you may also be eligible to claim Income related ESA top-up providing you meet the criteria.
Unless you live in Harrogate area then you do not have to worry yet about migration over to UC.
No you cannot assume that as you have been sent a ESA50 form they will leave you on ESA
Have a look in our Members Only Guide 'ESA and UC claims' for help in completing ESA50 form

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231887 by snowy_owl
Thank you, & yes I downloaded the guide last night.
I guess I must be 'old style' ESA given am getting IR top-up at the moment?
Snowy_owl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.