× Members

to qualify for s.d. p

More
4 years 11 months ago #231776 by merlin
to qualify for s.d. p was created by merlin
i have been informed that i had the qualifactions for s.d.p, except i was on the lower rate for care and the high rate for mobility and that lower rate for care stopped the payment .
as i had to be on at least standard care is that correct. this was 2012/2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231781 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic to qualify for s.d. p
Hi Merlin
You do not qualify for SDP as you were only in receipt of the low rate DLA care component, SDP is not based on mobility. You are correct when you say that you have to be in receipt of Middle or high rate DLA care to qualify for SDP plus a few other conditions. For PIP claimants you have to be in receipt of the daily living component plus a few other conditions. Take a look in our Members Only Guides.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231783 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic to qualify for s.d. p
Merlin

To receive the Severe Disability Premium you first need to be receiving or entitled to receive an Income Related Benefit such as ESA(IR), Income Support or Pension Credit but not UC.

You need to be receiving a qualifying benefit such as DLA MRC or HRC, PIP Daily Living or Attendance Allowance, there are others.

You need to be living alone or considered to be living alone.

No one must be receiving Carers Allowance against the qualifying benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.